Its cliché, but even though we are apart of from friends, family, loved ones, we are all in this together. We know we are meant to drink lots of water, exercise, meditate and do yoga, but come on....we are in lockdown....surely there are better things to do than drink green juice!?
But even if you are Netflixing like a sofa king or queen, there are some things we shouldn't postpone during this lockdown:
* Kindness - to your self, lose in isolation with you, and those that annoy the cr*p out of you.
* Reflection - something on your mind you've been putting off delving into. Nows the time to dive in.
* Rest - always wanted to take a midday nap but never felt like you could (or should) - DO IT!
* Feelings - it's ok to be sad, mad or glad right now, let those feelings out, because keeping them in, is not good for you.
* Self-care - if you are worried about others too much, you can forget to care for yourself. Remember you need to fill your cup before you can fill others cup.
I'm feeling some Dr Suess today:
“Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you! Shout loud, ‘I am lucky to be what I am!...’” - Dr. Seuss
“You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in. I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” – Dr. Seuss
Yes, it took a bit of a weird turn with Dr. Seuss, but have you ever read quotes from his books, or just quotes from him? It's fascinating when is hidden in plain sight.
Be kind to yourself - talk to yourself like you would someone you LOVE <3